Under the Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure or if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If the battery is found to be defective in material or workmanship (and not merely discharged or flat) for the period specified on the battery label, Club Assist will provide a replacement battery. This warranty applies to the original purchaser of the battery and is not transferable.
All warranty claims are subject to full battery assessment by Club Assist. The battery must be returned to the place of purchase together with proof of purchase. If the battery is flat and not faulty, Club Assist will complete a full recharge and return the item to you at your expense.
Warranty does not cover batteries that fail due to improper charging, high vibration environments (excludes AGM), improper installation, improper wiring, incorrect fitment, incorrect application, excessive discharge, broken container or cover, damage caused by fire, excessive heat, wreckage, explosion, freezing, damage caused by abuse, neglect or the use of improper additives introduced to the battery.
Battery Maintenance Advice
To care for your new battery, maximise its operational life and reduce the likelihood of non-warranty issues, Club Assist suggests:
- Ensure that the correct battery charger and charging profile is selected to match the battery type.
- Routinely check the battery charging system. This is because both undercharging and overcharging will reduce battery’s life.
- Regularly inspect and have battery terminals cleaned to ensure a good connection is maintained by being corrosion free and secure.
- When your vehicle or equipment is used infrequently, the battery will gradually discharge over time. It is advised to charge the battery regularly.
- A maintenance battery charger is highly recommended to keep the battery operating at optimum capacity.
- Inspect for any unnecessary sources of heat or vibration around the area where battery is fitted and remove the sources to extend the service life of the battery.
- For use in hard service environments such as high heat and high vibration, AGM battery is highly recommended for extended service life.
- For flooded, EFB, gel and AGM deep cycle batteries, do not discharge the batteries more than 50% of the rated capacity.