Find your fit - every time
At Club Assist, we want to help you make decisions quickly and easily. That's why we developed the Club Assist MasterFit Database. Get access to the latest fitment information for thousands of vehicles from your mobile device. With step-by-step instructions, the Club Assist MasterFit Database helps you get your customers back on the road sooner.
- Validated by hundreds of roadside patrols
- New vehicles added annually - Covers 93% of Australian vehicles
- Detailed step-by-step instructions for vehicle battery replacements, battery locations, registration and heatshield details.
Download our full Club Assist Fitment Guide
There's plenty of fake news out there about batteries.
Our battery experts have fact checked some common misconceptions, so you don't have to.
|Batteries don't fail often
- The average battery failure rate in Australia is 24%. This means 24% of vehicles visiting your business will very likely break down without warning in the near future.
- During COVID, battery failure rates increased to over 40% across tens of thousands of cars tested.
|The alternator will recharge a battery
- Modern cars have smart charging systems as part of emissions management. This means the ECU will switch off the alternator, then charge for short periods at very high rates, the result is flat battery's don't recharge correctly.
- On flat, failed or failing batteries, alternators won't recharge the battery sufficiently or effectively due to very high charge rates.
|You can hear a battery slowing down on start-up before failing
- Batteries are the leading cause of vehicle breakdowns, which suggests this myth is false.
|Battery testers aren't commonly used in workshops
- Battery testing technology is being incorporated as standard procedure in leading workshops across Australia.
- Club Assist has 10,000+ MBC-1000 battery testers in use.
- We capture battery test results from millions of tests each year from leading automotive partners
|Workshop battery testing is unproductive
- Like anything in a good workshop, we recommend it is included as a core process to make it easy.
- Using the latest in battery testing tech, like the MBC-1000, you'll get a result in 90 seconds.
- Workshops that test all cars can see significant benefits:
- Workshops with a battery testing program on average earn $15 margin for every completed test.
- Workshops that achieve best practice in the battery program earn on average a $20 margin for each test
- Workshops with best practice testing programs also improve the customers vehicle reliability.
|Customers don't want their battery tested
- Customers who visit a workshop for any reason, and subsequently break down within weeks of their visit, will almost always, blame the workshop.
- 76% of the time you'll be giving your customers good news that their battery tested ok. Building greater trust in your business and brand.
|Customers will fit the battery themselves if it fails
- Our research has proven this isn't the case. For 92% of car owners, if faced with an unplanned battery failure they'll use a nearby workshop or mobile battery fitment service and pay more for the convenience.
- Most people rely on professionals they trust to diagnose and replace their battery. They're nervous about damaging their car, they want reassurance that:
- That equipment designed for testing batteries is used for battery assessment.
- The workshop recommends a quality product that's correct for the car.
- The technician has the skills to perform the replacement and won't damage the car.
- We provide MBC-1000 testers, access to our fitment database MasterFit, as well as gearing you up with the right training and supports your customers can rely on